I completely love reading just about everything. I review everything I read. And I would love to read and review your book, no matter how it was published. However, there are a few things you should know before asking me to review your book.
Genres (etc.) I enjoy reading:
- General fiction
- Chick-Lit/Women's fiction
- Urban Fantasy
- Paranormal Romance
- Select Romance
01. First and foremost, I post honest, unbiased reviews. All reviews will reflect my sincere (not paid for) opinion. If I didn't like your book, I will say so. If I enjoyed your book, I will say definitely say this. I will give valid reasons for my opinion, though. I will not slander or insult in my reviews. I generally try to find the best in books anyway, but I will be truthful.With that being said, your book may not interest me or hook me. By accepting your book, I do not promise to finish it or even review it. Life's too short to read a book you don't like. Just saying.
02. Since I have a full-time job and college, I do not always have the time to get to your book right away. Please allow 4 to 12 weeks (maybe more) for me to read and review. It may be sooner, but I will make sure to get to it as soon as I can. I do have many books on my to-read list as it is, but requests will be top priority. If time is an issue, like with ARCs, please make that known in the request and I will do my best to read and review ASAP. In addition, I do not have the time to respond to each and every request. I try my best to get back to everyone, but if the book does not interest me, you may not get a response. I do, however, love to feature authors, so include that in your request and we can work on a guest post of sorts.
03. Most of my previous reviews have just been feelings and general thoughts. I can also comment on content, editing, pacing, character development, etc. Make sure your book has been edited please! If you send me your book for review you can expect/request the following:
- Cover art
- Publish date
- Number of pages
- Age range (if applicable)
- Link to Goodreads or website of choice
- 1-5 star rating (1 being low, 5 being high)
- Any other applicable info: book trailers, movie tie-ins, author/publisher website, etc.
05. I own a Kindle so I can accept ebooks. I prefer the physical book whenever possible though. Audio books are even better and can expect a much quicker review. ARCs are acceptable as well.
06. I do not receive financial compensation for any reviews. I review books and post on this blog for the love of reading, not for money. I wish to recommend books to friends, family, and readers. My reviews will always be honest, so remember that no money was swapped for my review, and money will not be accepted. However, the links in my blog posts may send you to Amazon, where I am an affiliate and may make a percentage on your purchase. But that's the only way I make money from the blog besides ads.
07. I do require that you send me the word count and description of your book so I can make sure I manage my time right.
08. Last but not least, contact info! Email me at imabookshark(at)yahoo(dot)com only. You can find me on Twitter and Facebook. You can find me on my blog's Facebook fan page too. But for book review requests, I prefer email only. Thanks!