Sabrina Zollo - Why I Love My Gay Boyfriend
• Pub Date: September 28, 2012
• Publisher: Central Avenue Publishing
• Format: Paperback/Ebook, 206 pages
• Age Range: Adult
When Veronica graduated with an MBA and dreams of saving the world, she never knew she would end up a corporate slave to the lipstick gods, in love with her playboy boss and in need of a gay best friend to make her feel fabulous. Straight out of school, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, Veronica has her heart set on an honourable job, such as saving starving children. Instead, she accepts a job at Gisele, a global cosmetic empire that seems to mock her every value. Veronica struggles to fit in until she meets Stevie, a gay co-worker, who immediately assumes the role of fashion counsellor and fabulousness. Under Stevie's mentorship, Veronica flourishes as a vixen and marketing peon. But for Veronica to truly succeed at Gisele and seduce her boss, she must bequeath her soul to the makeup gods and sacrifice her friends in a ritual known as corporate brainwash. How far does Veronica go before she realizes she is losing everything she once valued, including herself?
Top 10 Signs You Have a Gay Boyfriend
By Sabrina Zollo
Contrary to popular belief, WHY I LOVE MY GAY BOYFRIEND is not a novel about a boyfriend that turns out to be gay, it's a celebration of the gay best friend. Unless you have a gay best friend, this title tends to instill confusion. This compels me to overcompensate with so much awkward explanation that the person loses interest before clarity is reached. I really need to get my elevator pitch down.
At the risk of provoking more confusion with my book title, but in the spirit of embracing the confusion, here's a list of Top 10 subtle signs that your boyfriend may actually be your gay best friend.
10) He keeps asking whether you want to go shoe shopping. For cute flats.
9) He watches So You Think You Can Dance to get ideas for dance moves.
8) He knows all the words to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive".
7) He knows who Gloria Gaynor is.
6) He gasps when reading People magazine.
5) He cried at Something Borrowed. The book.
4) He gets irritated when people don't know that eggplant and aubergine are the same colour.
3) He offers to go see Magic Mike with you to "keep you company".
2) He starts his sentences with "girlfriend" when addressing females.
1) He asks for the boyfriend pillow for Christmas.
I'm a chick lit author and health care marketer. I am also a passionate advocate of dark chocolate, white wine, shoes and spin class.
WHY I LOVE MY GAY BOYFRIEND is my first novel. It was inspired by my first job, a long time ago, in years of yore. The experience compelled me to write about corporate ambition and gay boyfriends in a fun and light-hearted way.
I live in Toronto, Canada where you can find me drinking Pinot Grigio, needlessly extending my shoe-drobe and dreaming about my second novel.
Enter to win a signed digital copy of Sabrina Zollo's book, WHY I LOVE MY GAY BOYFRIEND! Use the Rafflecopter form below to win. Ends 12/26. International! Thanks and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway