Reyna Hawk - Shattered Visions Haunted Memories
• Pub Date: September 19, 2012
• Publisher: Reyna Hawk
• Format: Ebook
• Age Range: Adult
Just when Janie thought she had all she ever dreamt, the powers that be would suddenly change its course. Throwing Janie head long into a world of uncertainty and casting a puzzling shadow on all she knew and loved. Janie would soon discover nothing in her world was what it appeared. Leaving her confused, broken, and determined to find the answers in a new but familiar realm filled with secrets and deception.
Memories and turbulence lead Janie on her quest to discover the truth. Is Rico’s unfinished business in Cherokee to finish the hit? Is Malachi willing to take a bullet for his new love; or will he walk away from the danger and free himself of the drama Janie has brought to his once peaceful life? Love and deceit will lead them all to the truth.
Shattered Visions Haunted Memories is the third and final book of the Valentine/Petrilo series and will be released September 19, 2012. Book one is Looking Through Blind Eyes; book two is Reflection of Secrets.
Top Ten Pet Peeves
by Reyna Hawk
9. Double standard people. You know the type- they can do whatever they want, but if you do the exact same thing you are WRONG.
8. Know it alls. We all know at least one. No matter what the topic is they know ALL about it.
7. Habitual late arrivers. Appointments are given specific times for a reason, because those involved have a life that doesn’t revolve around the habitual late arrivers.
6. TMI- I know so many people guilty of this at one point in time. However, before giving information one should ask themselves these two questions: Could this information be used against me later in a not so pleasant light? Does this person really care about (insert info here)?
5. People who curse at children. Self explanatory.
4. People who think their children are little adults. They put age limits on toys for a reason. Stop getting mad because your 2 year old doesn’t know how to properly play with a toy designed for a 10 year old.
3. People who chew with their mouth open. That’s just gross and bad manners.
2. Conceitedness. We all know at least one person that takes hundreds of pictures of themselves and posts them on all the social media sites. Great response to those people: “There is a fine line between confidence and conceit; you’ve crossed it.”
1. Being hung up on. This drives me insane. It is like slamming a door in my face. If you hang up on me on purpose; you can guarantee I will NOT be calling you again.
Excerpt from Shattered Visions Haunted Dreams
“Jesus Rico it’s me!” Janie froze right in her tracks. The room filled with light as Rico turned on a table lamp and slowly removed the gun from her temple. He looked like a wild man. His clothes looked as if he’d slept in them for those four days, it was evident he hadn’t showered or shaved, his hair uncombed and partially hanging out of the usual neat ponytail. His eyes looked sunken and glassy. He was pale and smelled of liquor.
“Where have you been?” He gruffed coldly and angrily.
“Rico? Are you ok?” Janie went to him to hug him but he pulled away as if she’d burnt him.
“I asked you a question.” He ordered, in all the years she had known him, Rico never acted this way.
“I’m gonna tell you, but I want to make sure you’re ok.” Janie was shocked at his actions and behavior. He had lost complete control of himself and was looking at her as if he didn’t even know her.
“Answer the question.”
“I went to Greenwood.” Janie’s heart was pounding so loudly she was sure he heard it. He was terrifying her. She’d only seen two other men look like this, Scott and her father. Rico was much stronger than either one of them, if he hit her she’d be dead.
I am a 44 yr old mother of one son and grandmother to one beautiful little girl. I've loved telling stories since I was a teenager and finally decided to publish some of the stories.
I have an Associate of Arts in Psychology, Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Anthropology and will pursue my Master's in Education in 2013.
Book one Looking Through Blind Eyes and book two Reflection of Secrets are now available. Book three Shattered Visions Haunted Memories will be released Sept. 19, 2012.