Lisa Burstein - Pretty Amy
• Pub Date: May 8, 2012
• Publisher: Entangled Teen
• Format: Paperback, 304 pages
• Age Range: Young Adult
Amy is fine living in the shadows of beautiful Lila and uber-cool Cassie, because at least she's somewhat beautiful and uber-cool by association. But when their dates stand them up for prom, and the girls take matters into their own hands--earning them a night in jail outfitted in satin, stilettos, and Spanx--Amy discovers even a prom spent in handcuffs might be better than the humiliating"rehabilitation techniques" now filling up her summer. Worse, with Lila and Cassie parentally banned, Amy feels like she has nothing--like she is nothing.
Navigating unlikely alliances with her new coworker, two very different boys, and possibly even her parents, Amy struggles to decide if it's worth being a best friend when it makes you a public enemy. Bringing readers along on an often hilarious and heartwarming journey, Amy finds that maybe getting a life only happens once you think your life is over.
Why is Lisa Burstein a Rockstar
If you haven't read my review for Pretty Amy, don't. I know that sounds crazy, but my review doesn't do this book any justice. In fact, my review makes it sound like I didn't like the book very much. But I gave it 4 stars! I really did like it! And I won't forget it any time soon. Lisa Burstein wrote an amazing book. She has a great presence on Facebook and Twitter. She's funny and clever and honest. Her guest post today made me reminisce all over the place! Plus her blog is awesome. If you haven't seen THIS post, you should definitely read it. She says that she writes to help girls become better people. And that is why Lisa Burstein is a rockstar!!!
Amy's Top Ten Teen Movies
9. Breakfast Club- I have a thing for bad boys (Judd Nelson anyone?)
8. Ferris Bueller's Day Off- I can admit that I have felt like Ferris' sister more than once. Not because I have a cool brother, but because I have two super cool best friends.
7. 10 Things I Hate About You- Again I have a thing for bad boys (scruffy, angry Heath Ledger...)
6. Clueless- The quintessential ugly duckling that isn't really an ugly duckling story (kind of like me...)
5. Heathers- The best movie about what your wish high school was REALLY like
4. Mean Girls- The best movie about what high school is REALLY like
3. Saved- I love a good story that skewers religion
2. Romeo and Juliet- Literature and Leonardo DiCaprio- Yes please!
1. Superbad- Best friends, partying, laughs, meaningful moments and cops- sounds familiar.
Lisa Burstein is a tea seller by day and a writer by night. She received her MFA in Fiction from the Inland Northwest Center for Writers at Eastern Washington University and is glad to finally have it be worth more than the paper it was printed on. She lives in Portland, Oregon with her very patient husband, a neurotic dog and two cats. Pretty Amy is her first novel. She never went to her senior prom.
twitter | facebook | goodreads | amazon
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Entangled Publishing is graciously offering up an ebook copy of Pretty Amy! You definitely want to enter and read this. Many many great reviews on this one, including my own thoughts on this book. This is an international giveaway because it's an ebook :o) Giveaway ends 9/1/12. Questions? Email me at imabookshark at yahoo. Thanks and good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway